I am fortunate enough to work for an employer that cares deeply about keeping up with technology and training their developers to do so. In addition to this my employer is also a Microsoft shop so we already have an interest in the Microsoft stack and what the future has in store for it.
Personally, I’ve never been to //Build or any other MS only conference in the past, but I’ve definitely kept up with the past conferences via the Channel 9 Live Stream. Knowing that this is the one big conference where Microsoft typically unveils their latest and greatest developer news I was all in when approached with the opportunity to attend.
- Web Development 1: Intro to ASP.NET Core 1.0
- Web Development 2: Deeper on ASP.NET Core 1.0
- Crash a channel 9 interview. Check out the dude waving in the back!
- Hansleman – How to get started in Open Source
- Completed the following coding challenges. Sorry, I don’t have links to all the challenges just yet.
- .Net Overview from the Lesser Scotts
- Introduction Asp.net Core 1.0 from the Lesser Scotts again
- [EntityFramework Core 1.0] (https://channel9.msdn.com/Events/Build/2016/B852)
- What’s coming to the Bash command line
- Code Challenges
- ASP.NET Core Deep Dive into MVC Best and most enthusiastic talk of the conference
All in all this was an excellent conference that I would love to attend again if given the opportunity. In particular I see this as an excellent opportunity to be exposed to up coming tech and to begin to build your bank of possible tools for your next projects!